The New Forest with its many tracks, quiet roads and easy terrain is suitable for riders of all tastes and abilities. This makes it both enjoyable and safe for families and younger riders.
Rides are arranged daily on an informal ad-hoc basis and details will be announced on the information board situated in the rally marque. A few regular participants will be on hand to lead rides, however, should you wish to lead a ride yourself or go off on your own, you are perfectly at liberty to do so.
To give you some idea of the event, here are a few popular features enjoyed at last years rally:
- Saturday: Ride to Lymington.
- Sunday: Barn Dance with Cheese and Wine.
- Monday: Childrens time trial, Velodrome (velodrome trip no longer available) and AGM in the evening.
- Tuesday: Adults evening time trial.
- Wednesday: Childrens activities.
- Thursday: Trip to the Isle of Wight and childrens bicycle gymkhana.
- Friday: Traditional end of rally evening BBQ.
All riders must adhere to the Forestry Commissions ‘New Forest Cycle Code’ when cycling in the New Forest. A free online copy of the New Forest Cycle Code is available, hard copies are also available from the Forestry Commission, Tourist Information Offices and local outlets for a small charge. Parents must ensure their children abide by the New Forest bye-laws, which include not feeding the animals or disturbing other campers.